BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 9, 2010

Funky Junk Friday

I feel like I need to buy Funky Junk a present to say thanks for all the wonderful Junque you keep providing to brighten my dreary winter days. What do you buy a building that holds Junque?? It could do with better lighting, maybe I should buy it some 300 watt light bulbs. But that’s not a very good thank you gift.

Maybe a nice poem….

Funky Junk you are my savoir

You rescue me from boredom

Save me from my over-spending ways

provide me with more fabric

and vintage goodness

than I can ever hope to use

your dark, dusty interior

will never deter me

for I know now of the treasures

hidden within.

What do you think? That was a spur of the moment creation, inspired by these great finds…

P7090020Two bags of fabric, some of them BIG pieces, like that brown one is about 6 metres, and the pink is about 3 metres.

P7090021One FANTASTIC pattern book and a magazine complete with patterns.

P7090022P7090023These are some of the projects out of that pattern book, I just have to make a tea cosy and these cute crochet balls.   

P7090028 Maybe I can use some of this wool to make them. I have no idea if this stuff is actually wool or acrylic, but the label on the pink ones say to handwash only, so that means its wool, right? and the brown feels like wool, but doesn’t have a label.

P7090024Some vintage (and maybe not so vintage) linen goodies, like 2 vintage pillow cases, a huge rectangle polka dot table cloth, a table runner, some kind of padded table mat, and some doilies.

P7090026 And these very nice handmade silky floral scarves.

Plus the 113 squares of fabric I have cut out to make my puff pillow quilt. Yes it’s going to take much longer and be a lot more work, but I have decided that a puff pillow quilt will make me so much happier than just an ordinary quilt. Now I just need to find backing fabric and cut 113 squares (or actually 113 is an odd number so that won’t work, I’ll have to do some maths to work that one out) out of that, then I can start sewing.

2 comments:

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

Those tea cosies rock. I hope you are planning to make one, one day. The Silky scarves look like they could be Obi - the Japanese Kimono tie.

Anonymous said...

I really like the crocheted balls. Now, I don't NEED one, but if I ever found any I would love to display them. The kind of thing that makes people smile.
Very nice finds.

Post a Comment