BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Creative Space

 


This is the beginning of my very first quilt. These fabrics were all found in Funky Junk tonight. I was inspired by them and went on a square cutting frenzy. I don't know how many squares I have cut, this doesn't show all of them, so it is more than enough for a queen size quilt I think. This was going to be my puff pillow quilt, but I am thinking that possibly it might just be an ordinary simple block quilt. Maybe, or maybe I'll change my mind while I toss and turn thinking about it all night. I have a few more great funky junk finds that I will try to photograph tomorrow.

I feel like I just want to get my sewing machine out and sew all night, to finish this thing which is exciting now, but will be less exciting in the morning, and even less exciting by the time I actually get a chance to do some sewing. Hopefully if I keep the squares somewhere I can see them it will keep me inspired.

Puff pillow quilt....ordinary quilt....puff pillow quilt...ordinary quilt....how will I decide.

To see more creative spaces head over to Kootoyoo.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MooBear Designs said...

I think it's going to look a little bit awesome!!! Hope you get some sleep!!!

Xo Steph

A Life Less Complicated said...

ooh pretty - I love the look of puff pillow quilts. I remember Astar making one on Good Morning and it looked pretty simple just time intensive. I love the colours and lucky you getting them at funky junk!

Mitzi Curi said...

It's exhilarating when you start a new project, isn't it? I love your new blog background, by the way. Great colors!

Post a Comment