BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I’m back, and this is what I’ve been doing

Not that I have been anywhere, just busy hanging out with my mummy and working part time.

This seems to be the time of the year when there are a lot of birthdays happening, so I have been making things to give. I am really enjoying making gifts this year instead of buying them, not only because it is saving us loads of money, but because it really feels better giving a gift that is handmade. And it means I get a crafty fix without loading my house up with more stuff that I have no use for and no space for.

So last week we went on a little road trip to the middle of nowhere to visit my cousin and her 2 (almost 3) littlies. We haven’t seen them since Christmas, so I thought some handmade gifts were in order, especially with her little man turning one in a couple of weeks. Her little miss 2 got one of my elephants (Annabelle), Little man got this robot

P8080048Personalised with an X because that is his first initial. I was up ridiculously late the night before visiting making this, because I don’t have a lot of “boy” things in my stash, and I have misplaced my unpicker which I was desperately in need of for this project, because sewing late at night is not a good idea.

For baby due next month I gave the taggie hedgehog (shown in the same post as the elephants), which I added a rattle to.

This Friday just gone was the night of the function in which we dressed up as Sweeney Todd and Mrs Lovett. It was also the birthday celebration of a friend/fellow crafter, who adopted my dead sewing machine and had it fixed in order to learn to sew. I had mentioned that she really needed a pin cushion if she was going to sew, so when trying to think of something to make for her gift, pin cushion was one of the options. I still have boxes full of tea cups and saucers left over from the tea party, and I had planned to use them to make pin cushions, so that's what I did.

P8130060P8130068 I even decorated some pins with beads and things to go with it. I very loosely based it on this tutorial, but I’m not one to follow instructions for crafty things.

Want to see what we looked like???

The photos are pretty bad, because it was night time…..

Prepare yourself…..

sweeneyThat’s two photos put together, in case you are wondering why it’s out of proportion. I am actually over a foot shorter than hubby, not a giant.  We couldn’t get a photo together because we had no-one to take it, but there was a professional photographer at the function so hopefully we will get to see that. What do you think, did we pull it off??? This is what we were going for -

Sweeney_Todd

0 comments:

Post a Comment