BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Magnetic Poetry

I am a collector, of many things, and I tend to go through phases, which are somewhat obsessive. A few years ago I went through a magnetic poetry phase/obsession/addiction. I have a lot of magnetic poetry sets, some of which are still permanently attached to my fridge, because the only way to get them off would be with some kind of scraping utensil, which would damage my fridge and I would rather look at a fridge covered in words than a fridge covered in scratches.

Unpacking is like uncovering hidden treasure, finding things that have been buried deep in storage for years. One of the things I found was a visual diary containing photos of some poems I created magnetically when I was going through that phase. I had completely forgotten about these poems, and don't even remember buying a visual diary specifically for this purpose, but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time and I'm glad I did.

Some of them are a bit abstract, but the challenge is to create sense with limited words.

photo2 They journey into me

infinite minuscule mechanisms

possess the demented nectar

of serpent like heavens.

**************************

How we frolic across

moist ivory tracks

like a bold melody

stroll by the cobalt blossom

savour all the gorgeous hues

before it is time

for us to slumber

beneath tepid soil.

*************************

Observe a savage feline

dwelling on this fiery sun

devouring our icy liquid

orb earthward

to these vast blue visions

thus only here will you be adored.

photo3Ruby avenue

where birds soar

I went there

as a child

when my father was

a kind man

and mother would speak

of a humourous tale

and croon in her arid dialect.

**************************

Magnificent monkey

boogie rapidly

from above

my brilliant friend

I desire your vile mist

you foul beast

may I finally respect you.

photoDid she bloom

the fire goddess

child of the sun

sacred spirit

I kneel beside you

overwhelmed by your

sweet universe.

As you can see, I am having fun playing around with all the free photography apps I can get for my new iPod. This is my absolute favourite thing right now, this fantastically tiny device which can do everything my computer can do and more, while fitting nicely in my pocket. Hubby has an iPad, which he thinks is the best gadget ever, but I would like to see him try to fit it in his pocket!

0 comments:

Post a Comment