BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vintage Gold

When we were out doing our regular visit to our favourite op-shop yesterday, we came across something that just about made me do a happy dance. Little Princess is a fantastic thrifting buddy, and on this occasion I was especially glad to have her with me. I usually just do a quick scan of the bookshelves, to see if anything jumps out at me, because we most definitely do not need more books in our house. So I was about to walk away from the books when L.P. spotted a book she wanted to have a look at, she picked it up off the shelf and hiding under it was this:


Printed in 1950. Mendelssohn Overtures: A midsummer night's dream & Fingal's Cave.



This is treasure, the kind of thing I see on all the gorgeous blogs I follow, but never imagined I would find myself. The book is in near perfect condition, other than the spine being taped at some point for reinforcement. It's almost too nice to cut up, but that's what I intend to do with it. If I can bring myself to. Otherwise I may just have to photocopy the pages and keep the original to treasure. What would you do with a find like this?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment