BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Latest Projects

I’ve got a few projects going at the moment, which I’ve been working on over the last couple of weeks.

In a few weeks Little Princess turns four, so for the handmade part of her present I am making a collection of dolls clothes and accessories for her.

DSC00386

So far I have made a pants and coat set, a dress, four cloth nappies, and baby wipes. For the nappies I used this pattern, the baby wipes were loosely based on this tutorial, the dress I made up, the pants were made by coping a pattern from a pair of dolls pants she already owns, and the coat was loosely based on a pattern from the book Wee Wonderfuls. It’s the second or third time I’ve taken this book out from the library, I just love it. You can find a free pattern from the book here.

The other project I have been working on is a collection of embellishments, for scrapbooking, card making, altered projects etc. I started off just making these for my own use, mostly for adding to cards when i just need to throw something together quickly for a gift, but then I got totally addicted to making them, and finding new ones to make, and making more and more and more. So now I have a whole collection, which I will either be putting in my shop or trying to sell at markets.

DSC00392

Bead & wire sprays

product photos (2)

Fabric & lace flowers

product photos

Crocheted flowers, mini doilies & butterflies

DSC00413

And smaller packs of embellishments including smaller crochet butterflies, doilies, hearts and flowers, paper flowers and butterflies, and velvet ribbon roses.

I wanted to make a few examples of uses for these embellishments, in case I do get to sell them at markets, so to start with I made this mini album:

DSC00379

To embellish the cover I used a paper butterfly, a crochet flower with button centre, two fabric flowers with button centres and a wire & bead spray.

DSC00384

DSC00385

The inside pages are not embellished, but each page has a pocket with a plain piece of card stock that slips in.

DSC00381DSC00382DSC00383

There are six pages in total, but two of each colour/pattern. I used this tutorial to make the album, the youtube video is super easy to follow.

So, that's what I’ve been up to. And probably what I will be up to for the next few weeks, but there will always be other little projects going on in between. I’ll try to keep you posted :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment