BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 27, 2011

Thrifty Finds & Crafty Creations

It’s been a while since I showed any thrifty finds on my blog, but that doesn't mean I haven’t been buying, it just means that if I showed every thrifty find that came home with me, I would be forever taking photos and editing them, and I just don’t get time for that.

I had a bit of spare time on my hands today, so here are a couple of my favourite finds from recent thrifty shopping trips.

DSC00552

Some vintage wooden game peices, which are totally cool and only cost .50c for the bag. I have seen different tutorials for turning these into magnets or pushpins, but I can also see them making cool jewellery.

DSC00550DSC00551

This little dish, which has the cutest print on the front, and even cuter print on the back.

The other day on Pinterest (are you addicted yet? I am.) I saw a cool picture of a little granny square bracelet, and I thought I just had to have one of those, so last night while watching TV I made one.

DSC00547DSC00545

It’s awesome, I can’t believe I didn’t make one sooner. Now I will have to make one to go with every outfit.

At the craft group I go to we have a project night once a month, and at the latest one we learnt how to make beaded teaspoons.

DSC00549

These are the two I made. This is actually a really quick and simple project (if you know basic wire working), and they look so cool. This will be a great future gift idea, so I will have to start stocking up on teaspoons.

I have also got my thrifty tin swap package ready to go, but I can’t show you that, because I know the person who is getting it reads my blog, and I want it to be a surprise.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, that dish is the prettiest thing I've ever seen! Lucky, lucky you! Awesome.

Leonie said...

oh the dish is just gorgeous!!! And I love the granny square bracelet!! im totally addicted to pinterest...sigh!

Post a Comment