BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 11 - Alice in Wonderland


Who doesn't love Alice in Wonderland, right? So of course I had to have a go at dressing up as her for my Month of Costumes. I really need to get a blonde wig, for future use, but I have seen versions of Alice with black hair, so I think it's ok.

I made the apron, using a couple of pillowcases, some ribbon and some polkadot fabric. The dress, shoes, petticoat and knee socks are all out of my wardrobe. You can't really see it, but I tied a piece of navy blue lace in my "hair" to be a hairband. If you zoom into the picture you will see in a couple of the photos I am holding a little glass bottle with a tag that says "drink me".

When I was planning how to put this outfit together, it was a toss up between Alice and Dorothy (Wizard of Oz). Their outfits are kind of similar, so I thought I could go either way, but in the end Dorothy was going to be a bit more difficult to pull off with things I have, so I went with Alice. Mental note for the future, must make/buy ruby slippers and get a toy dog. To see my inspiration for this costume, head over to my board on Pinterest. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment