BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20 - Dorothy

I've been thinking all month about how I could do Dorothy without having to sew anything or buy anything expensive. Then the other day, when looking through my apron collection for an apron for another costume (coming soon), I found this blue gingham apron, and the rest of the costume came together from there. I thought  I was going to have to buy ruby slippers, but then I remembered these red slip-ons that I never wear, and I thought they could pass as ruby slippers. Add to that a white top and white skirt from my wardrobe, a basket from the craft room, and a little dog from the kids' toy box, and you have a just barely recognisable Dorothy costume, without spending any money or sewing anything. I know my pigtails are pretty pitiful, but at least it's a version of Dorothy's hairstyle.

Today is Hubby's birthday, so I want to say Happy Birthday to my Gman, my bestest friend in the whole wide world. You really are my other half,  without you I would not be a whole person, you complete me. I know I don't always show it, but I love you just as much today as I did 11 years ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment