BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 27, 2012

Crafty Update

Not a lot of crafting is getting done lately, or more accurately, not a lot of projects are getting finished lately. During the day I am pretty busy trying to keep my immobile Little Man happy, and at night I am usually too tired to do anything. But I have finished I few things that I wanted to share.

Most of my crafting is done on a spur of the moment sudden inspirational motivation buzz, so it has to be easy, quick and done using stuff I already have, or I will lose interest. I got a sudden urge to try designing and making a mermaid dress one day, and it turned out pretty awesome, except it is too small for Little Princess. She has had a growth spurt, and all of a sudden she's got some chub on her usually stick thin frame, which is great, but very inconvenient. The dress I made fits her, just, but its a little bit too tight and movement is near impossible, so not very practical.

 I've recently become a little bit obsessed with polymer clay, and watching video tutorials on YouTube. I made these two pendants last night, and the interchangeable necklace was made from bits of a necklace and a bracelet out of my junque stash. There are about a million videos on how to make a polymer clay robot, so I didn't follow any particular one, just took ideas from them and made it up as I went along. For the steam punk heart I used this awesome two part video tutorial. The heart locket in the middle actually opens, but I haven't put anything inside it yet. Tonight I am going to make an owl and maybe a crown.


This little shadow box was another random spur of the moment idea. I saw these dice in a dollar store, and I thought they would make cool feet for some kind of games themed box. When I got home I had a look around for a box or something and found this shadow box I got from a thrift store a while ago. It was pretty ugly, painted a gross yellow/green with some ugly flower thing inside. So I pulled it apart, painted it with a few coats of black acrylic paint, sanded it back a bit to make it look distressed, and filled it with game themed bits and pieces out of my stash. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the necklaces. You are always able to make things so stylish. I love the shadow box too! I hope Kvan is doing okay. The end must be nearly in sight. Take Care. Suzanne

Unknown said...

OH I love your creations! The pendants are sooo cute! Wow you are really talented!! The shadow box is so fun! Love love love the vintage feel, the altered art feel, all of it! They are great! you should put the pic of it on pinterest! Lots of people be loving that kind of thing, me included!
So glad you shared.

Post a Comment