BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Latest Craft addiction

For Christmas my Wonderful Mum gave me a voucher to a local craft store, which I finally got a chance to use last week. The most favourite thing I bought has been a pack of Tim Holtz Fragments - charms, because they are just so awesome!


The clockwork birdie charm was also bought in the same shopping trip, I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I didn't want to make it into a necklace because it just didn't quite seem right, so I got some Kilt pins from Spotlight to make it into a brooch. I also got these and these bottle cap images, so I used the pocket watch image inside of one of the charms.

 Then I had to make another kilt pin brooch. I used another charm and a vintage bird image (which I think is from The Graphics Fairy). I did a little mini mixed media collage inside a watch face (inspired by ones found here). Then I added a little polka dot bow, some lace, and a pearl/bead/chain dangle off an old necklace.

I used a larger round charm, some vintage sheet music and another bottle cap image to make a pendant.
And I still have 45 charms left to use, just imagine how much jewellery I can make!


On a completely different subject, Little Princess has finally decided to start wearing headbands!! So of course I had to make her a couple, because I have been dying to do this for 4 years now. The crown was made using a cuttlebug die, some self-adhesive glitter craft foam and some felt. The yellow and blue one was made to go with her "fancy clothes", which is a frilly blue skirt and a yellow top with a cute tulle bow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, they are sooo nice! You really did a good job. I NEVER heard of kilt pins. They are great!
Glad you shared this great idea. Yes I love Tim Holtz items too. Love the rustic/steam punky/chic kinda stuff he has. How would you describe his stuff? ha!

DeXaNiX said...

Oh man, I never knew about that store!!! Will be making a trip (or two) to the Mount once I am driving again!!!

Post a Comment