BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nature Explorer Kit


I put together this kit for on of Little Princess's friends, who is turning 5 soon. I got the idea from here, but didn't have the time to make the bag, so I thought I would just put the kit together with a bag I already had.

My kit includes:
> A compass.
> A dynamo torch.
> Five little specimen jars with holes in the lids.
> A magnifying glass.
> Binoculars.
> A sketch pad.
> A note pad.
> A set of coloured pencils.
> A mutlicoloured pen.
> Two fabric drawstring bags.
> A small tin.
> Khaki shoulder bag with pockets.

It was lots of fun to put this kit together, and at some stage I will do one for Little Princess as well, but I will have to make a bag for hers.
The labels on the note pad, sketch pad, tin and drawstring bags were from the original tutorial above. I printed directly onto the fabric for the little drawstring bags, then used this tutorial to make the bags. The label on the front of the shoulder bag I made using clip art from MS Word, also printed on fabric.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where did you buy the bag from??

Rhiannon said...

Sorry, this won't be very helpful to you, but I had the bag already, it's been in my handbag stash for years. I would recommend checking out thrift stores to find something similar.

Post a Comment